Page 22 of 26

Re: Yami´s XT bastard

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:34 pm
by Yami
Here we go again.

Image

Image



Frontwheel hub, I forgot to mask it before painting.
Had to scratch it of before mounting disc.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image



Those springs are tough to mount and nasty if you drop it. :yikes:

Image



That 2 inch extension seemes to be perfect. smile:

Image

Image



The rain have stopped for the moment so out to get some pics now when it´s a roller. :star:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Yami´s XT bastard

Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:44 am
by Mezo
Very nice, next the wiring :nod:

Mezo. :thumb:

Re: Yami´s XT bastard

Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:42 pm
by Yami
Thanks Mezo. smile:
You have absolutely right about that wiring was next up.


The 43F frame has this bracket for the coil.

Image



That´s another thingy I´ve missed. :banghead:
The 2KF frame looks like this.
Don´t know how the coil is attached but I have my suspicions.

Image



But I made one like this. It will be invisible there.

Image



The other wiring looks like this after I have taken off all tape.
Cables is dirty and gluey (sticky).
But I was missing 4 cables for the front signals and hoped they hadn´t cut them off.
They were there under the tape. I will also check for bad cables/connections when I´m at it.

Image



I found those 2 under the tape as well. Don´t know what they are for.
They comes out from the wiring in the same position as the cable to the coil.
Anyone can tell what the function is?

Image

Re: Yami´s XT bastard

Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:26 pm
by flipper
They look like the wires for the horn.

Re: Yami´s XT bastard

Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:24 am
by Mezo
You have the wiring diagram right? its on the forum here in colour.

Mezo.

Re: Yami´s XT bastard

Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:52 am
by Yami
flipper wrote:They look like the wires for the horn.
I hoped that someone should suggest that, I was missing them as well. Thanks. smile:

Re: Yami´s XT bastard

Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:55 am
by Yami
Mezo wrote:You have the wiring diagram right? its on the forum here in colour.

Mezo.
I am not a friend of wiring diagrams. :scratch:
Can´t even get a digital dashboard work properly on my TRX. :blush:

Edit: It is the Horn according to the wiring diagram. smile:

Re: Yami´s XT bastard

Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:50 pm
by Yami
Pure theraphy spending the beginning of the holiday like this. :star:
It´s raining a lot anyway for doing anything else.

Started the day to go and buy a fuse holder so I could finish the wiring harness.
Old and new.

Image

Image



Then it was a kind of a setback. I found a drop of oil below the left fork leg,
just where the big bolt is. It is leaking. :eekers:

Image



Teared it down and found out the seal (copperwasher was ok but to big). :sherlock:
Cause the bolt has raised sides. Found a new small seal and we´ll see.

Image



Just keeping on mounting parts.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Yami´s XT bastard

Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:12 pm
by xtrider
Have you ever used heat shrink electrical connectors? They are really worth the extra cost down the road with preventing corroded wires. At least you put dielectric grease in all the terminals before crimping them, right?............................................................. Right ???? :nod:

There is 3M liquid electric tape that can be spread over connections to fully waterproof them, even comes in different colors.

Coming along nicely though.

Re: Yami´s XT bastard

Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:45 pm
by Yami
xtrider wrote:Have you ever used heat shrink electrical connectors? They are really worth the extra cost down the road with preventing corroded wires. At least you put dielectric grease in all the terminals before crimping them, right?............................................................. Right ???? :nod:

There is 3M liquid electric tape that can be spread over connections to fully waterproof them, even comes in different colors.

Coming along nicely though.
Thanks. smile:
No I don´t use any grease. I´m just cleaning them with some oxide cleaner. It is really dirty in there.
For the cables, I´m using a vulcanised tape thats waterproof wiring it all together. It sort of melts together.