easter adventure tour around south east queensland

what's his face
No Gold Stars Yet
No Gold Stars Yet
What Bike or Bikes Do You Own?: 86 1VL (project)
07drz400e
Previously Owned Bikes: 99 klx250 : 96 dr200 : 06 dr650 : 06 drz400s : 96 wr250z : 96 990 adv : 99 dr250 : 90 xtz750 : 99 xtz660

easter adventure tour around south east queensland

Post by what's his face » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:02 pm

so i signed up for one of overlander's tours for easter.

it was a 4 day tour and cost me $700 but was worth every cent and more

the price included all the food and drinks and all the fuel (he even sent me home with a full tank)

we met up at cooroy and loaded my gear into their new back up truck and what a truck it is...

we took off from cooroy and headed out through the trails toward toroom.

stopped at hivesville for lunch where the truck was waiting all set up for lunch with a huge feed ready to go..

the rain out there made some of the creeks great fun

then after that creek crossing there was a fantastic muddy section where i started to play.. but quickly learned the hard way not to play roosters with a couple of 950's coz you're gonna lose :lol:

we found a nice spot near a creek in the middle of no where and called it a night for a camp.

next day we kept on motoring around the farms and forestry toward discovery national park ...
i have never seen it so green out there and it was absolutely beautiful

that night we found a camp on the otherside of toroom on the road to the discovery national park.
few beers and a big feed .. and we were ready to go again

one of the bikes got a flat so it was all hands in and it was changed in no time.
there is something to be said for having a fully stocked back up truck ... changing tyres is a whole lot easier when you have a compressor and a shit load of tubes to choose from...

we went through farms and tracks i have no idea about on our way to camp that night in theodore

after a great night in theodore it was time to saddle up and start heading home :(

was a fantastic weekend with a great bunch of riders and run by a guy who knows the country like the back of his hand and puts on a brilliant spread.

i'll definitley be signing up for overlanders rides again in the future

see ya's out there

derek
99 xtz660 tenere
90 xtz750 super tenere

Dirtybrit
Financial
Financial
What Bike or Bikes Do You Own?: 1982 XT 550, 1981 YZ250, 2010 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1981 XR 200
Previously Owned Bikes: Honda SS50, Yamaha RD2501973, Honda XL125, Yamaha DT175, Kawasaki KE175, Yamaha YZ250D, CT90, Suzuki RM400, Yamaha YZ250H, 1981 Yamaha RD250,1982 XT 550, 1979 XS 750, 1979 YZ 400 F.

Re: easter adventure tour around south east queensland

Post by Dirtybrit » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:24 pm

Hey Derek, that looks freakin awesome although I couldn't get some of your pics. The back-up truck looks like its right out of the Dakar! $700 well spent, could you ask those guy's if they are thinking of setting up in Western Canada? :lol: Great Report. :thumb:

bruce137
No Gold Stars Yet
No Gold Stars Yet
What Bike or Bikes Do You Own?: Honda CBR 600 RR

Re: easter adventure tour around south east queensland

Post by bruce137 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:00 am

what's his face wrote:so i signed up for one of overlander's tours for easter.

it was a 4 day tour and cost me $700 but was worth every cent and more

the price included all the food and drinks and all the fuel best atv tours in las vegas (he even sent me home with a full tank)

we met up at cooroy and loaded my gear into their new back up truck and what a truck it is...

we took off from cooroy and headed out through the trails toward toroom.

stopped at hivesville for lunch where the truck was waiting all set up for lunch with a huge feed ready to go..

the rain out there made some of the creeks great fun

then after that creek crossing there was a fantastic muddy section where i started to play.. but quickly learned the hard way not to play roosters with a couple of 950's coz you're gonna lose :lol:

we found a nice spot near a creek in the middle of no where and called it a night for a camp.

next day we kept on motoring around the farms and forestry toward discovery national park ...
i have never seen it so green out there and it was absolutely beautiful

that night we found a camp on the otherside of toroom on the road to the discovery national park.
few beers and a big feed .. and we were ready to go again

one of the bikes got a flat so it was all hands in and it was changed in no time.
there is something to be said for having a fully stocked back up truck ... changing tyres is a whole lot easier when you have a compressor and a shit load of tubes to choose from...

we went through farms and tracks i have no idea about on our way to camp that night in theodore

after a great night in theodore it was time to saddle up and start heading home :(

was a fantastic weekend with a great bunch of riders and run by a guy who knows the country like the back of his hand and puts on a brilliant spread.

i'll definitley be signing up for overlanders rides again in the future

see ya's out there

derek
Last year on Ester i also had a off road adventure tour in Las Vegas. I really wanna go again.