1985 XT 600
Previously Owned Bikes: 1989 Yamaha Virago 750
1994 DR650
1980 Suzuki GR650
1997 KLR 250
1986 Honda Spree

XT600 in Big Bend TX

Post by scottieh » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:19 pm

A group of friends and I took a van and a trailer full of stuff out to a 40 acre property about 30 miles from the Mexico border and celebrated our main man Willie's bachelor party. It was a good time of booze, guns, bikes, drugs, and other unmentionable things.

It was my XT600 and this guy's 80's XL250R.

The property is fairly isolated from neighbors so we could shoot guns and fireworks and ride bikes at all hours of the day and night. Plus there are only two sheriffs in the entire 6,190 square miles of the county so even if there were a complaint, pulling them away from whatever corner of the world they were in was unlikely.

There were two airstream trailers on the property with a fire pit, a covered breakfast area, outhouse, outdoor shower, and a few 12V batteries for music and small lights. The weather was perfect. Days were around 85 degrees fahrenheit and the nights around 50 degrees so I slept on top of the roof under a blanket of stars.

There's a national park in the region that is one of the largest national parks in the United States and also one of the least visited. We hiked into the mountains and spent the afternoon hanging around this waterfall. The water was cold and refreshing. On the hike in we saw a large black bear eating leaves and berries in a ravine and all ten of us stopped and had a moment appreciating the wild beauty of the bear. There are only 20 bears in the entire park so seeing one was a really special thing.

Here's the whole gang

The morning after the festivities I had to ride about 550 miles to south Texas along the border in order to be at work the next morning. I got up early and hit the road with the sun and spent about 12 long hours riding.

I made it into my town with the setting sun and about 5% left on my phone battery. The next morning it was back to work as usual filming this and that

But I'll always remember the times we had out there in the desert.

NSFW :birdgrin:
http://i.imgur.com/XPdAZ5Nl.jpg

:tenere:

Mezo
Dashingly Handsome
Dashingly Handsome
What Bike or Bikes Do You Own?: XT600Z 3AJ
Previously Owned Bikes: Honda SS50, Suzuki TS50, Honda CB100, Honda CR125RZ, Yamaha YZ125, Kawasaki KX250, Suzuki TL1000S, Ducati 900SS, Ducati 900SL, a few Tenere`s.

Re: XT600 in Big Bend TX

Post by Mezo » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:57 pm

That last picture. :huh:

Priscilla Queen of the Desert mixed with Brokeback Mountain :biggrin:

Mezo.