the cost off restoreing a 34l

phill
No Gold Stars Yet
No Gold Stars Yet
What Bike or Bikes Do You Own?: 1983 tenere 1997 Daytona 595 bmw r1100s
Previously Owned Bikes: to many to list

the cost off restoreing a 34l

Post by phill » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:25 am

i was given a 34l an have spent about 4000k so far just to get a rolling frame iam about to start on the motor i have wrote down every cent i have spent so far i reckon by the time i get the bike registerd it will cost 7-8 thousand below is the parts an price list frame from eric free spokes 270 tyres 200 powder coating frame forks an hubs swingarm 600 bought a seat cover from asia for 52 bucks they are no good a local bloke made a good 1 for 150 nos switch block left 210 nos bashplate dampener 100 side covers 300 oil cover an tail light 140 handle bars an grips 100 pores 15 tank sealer 100 al the bearings for the wheels an frame 120 clutch an brake levers 36 fuel tap 20 all the cables clutch throttle choke tacko speedo about 200 i had the original shock rebuilt by rad in brisbane top job for 290 that inclued powder coating the spring anre hard chromeing the sharft rad hard chromeing did the front forks there was pitting on the forks they hard chromed them an rebuilt them an powder coated the outer forks it cost 810 it was money well spent wireing harness 50 spoking wheels 150 the hardest parts to get is the tail light an front indicater brackets got a tail ligth from germany 140 the front brackets i got 1 from csml looked every where fo the right hand one rang eric he had 1 ebc clutch kit 120 sent a message to the xtrider an got a gearbox it is like new 200 there was money spent on paint sandpaper paint stripper another bits an peices then all the enjoyable hrs assembling it companies i used rad shock an hard chrome brisbane m.s muir motor trimmer seat lismore powder coating ballina p.c i have never restored a bike from the ground up before i am learning a lot iam not cutting corners on the project when iam finished it will be a new bike when ever i needed advice some one from the tenere forum had a answer to my question not a
cheap project saveing money to do the motor next year should be finished regards phill