3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- No Gold Stars Yet
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:16 pm
- What Bike or Bikes Do You Own?: 1994 XTZ660
- Previously Owned Bikes: NS125R
- Location: Ireland
Hi, last night I started my 3yf in a dark shed, and noticed the headers starting to glow red after 2mins idle. Is this normal, or have I a big problem?
- Dashingly Handsome
- Posts: 5233
- Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:01 am
- What Bike or Bikes Do You Own?: XT600Z 3AJ
- Previously Owned Bikes: Honda SS50, Suzuki TS50, Honda CB100, Honda CR125RZ, Yamaha YZ125, Kawasaki KX250, Suzuki TL1000S, Ducati 900SS, Ducati 900SL, a few Tenere`s.
- Location: KYOGLE
I have never done what you did (in a shed) but glowing headers could be a sign of running lean, or to much air getting in (jetting) or leak around them rubber inlet stubs.
- A Very Friendly
- Posts: 1015
- Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:29 pm
- What Bike or Bikes Do You Own?: 2 1vj's, 2 3aj's none complete and a mountain of parts
- Previously Owned Bikes: Quite a few
- Location: Gloucester. UK
When I had an xt660x (injected, dont know model code) that used to do exactly the same and was known to be normal, but, like Mezo says it was because they were designed to run a bit lean on idle, that and apparently the headers were a bit thin walled, might pay to check your plug